Nothing quite says fall like a warm slice of homemade mini pumpkin bread and these mini loaves of moist pumpkin bread make a wonderful gift for neighbors or friends. This delightful recipe makes the best pumpkin bread complete with an amazing brown butter glaze that will make these little loaves one of the best things you’ve ever baked.
This post may contain affiliate links, which means I make a small commission at no extra cost to you. See my full disclosure here.
Mini Pumpkin Bread Recipe
To create these scrumptious mini pumpkin loaves, you will need:
- 1 can of pumpkin puree (not pumpkin pie filling)
- Vegetable oil or olive oil
- White sugar
- All-purpose flour
- Baking powder
- Baking soda
- Ground cloves
- Ground nutmeg
- Ground cinnamon
For the sweet glaze:
- Light Brown sugar
- Vanilla extract
- Powdered sugar
- Non-stick mini loaf pan
- Stand mixer or hand mixer
Using mini loaf pans in your pumpkin bread baking adventure is one of the best things you can do. These mini pumpkin bread loaves are a great recipe for sharing or gifting, and they bake up faster than a large loaf, making it the perfect size when you’re craving a quick bread fix.
They also give your kitchen that cozy, warm-pumpkin and cinnamon-spice aroma you love during the beginning of the holiday season. After they’ve cooled on a wire rack to room temperature, these moist pumpkin bread mini loaves are easy to store in an airtight container or plastic bag for up to a week. They are sure to be new favorite recipe.
Easy Recipe For Mini Pumpkin Bread Loaves
- Start by combining all the dry ingredients in a large bowl.
- In another bowl, add the wet ingredients. Make sure to use canned pumpkin puree, not pumpkin pie mix.
- Use the flat beater attachment on your stand mixer to blend the wet ingredients until well combined. If you don’t have a stand mixer, you can achieve the same results with an electric mixer.
- Gradually add the dry ingredients to the wet mixture a little bit at a time Take your time with this step to ensure thorough mixing. If you add too much flour at once, it might create a flour cloud in your kitchen (trust me, I’ve been there).
Baking The Mini Pumpkin Bread
- Spoon batter into prepared mini loaf pans. This recipe makes 8 to 9 mini loaves.
- Bake the mini pumpkin bread at 350°F for approximately 30 minutes. Check for doneness by inserting a toothpick into the center – it should come out clean.
- Let the loaves cool on a wire rack at room temperature for at least an hour before applying the sweet glaze.
Brown Sugar Glaze For Mini Pumpkin Bread Recipe
- In a small saucepan over medium-high heat, melt the butter and stir in the brown sugar and milk. Let the mixture simmer for a minute, then remove it from the heat.
- Wait for ten minutes to let the butter, sugar, and milk mixture cool.
- After the mixture has cooled, whisk in the vanilla extract and powdered sugar. Be sure to whisk thoroughly to dissolve the powdered sugar. The glaze will thicken as you whisk.
- Pour the glaze over your mini pumpkin loaves. You can use a spatula for precision, but letting the glaze drip down the sides for a rustic look works too.
- The glaze will harden as it cools, so wait for 10-20 minutes before cutting into the mini loaves. If you plan to wrap them in plastic, wait a bit longer to ensure the glaze is fully cooled and hardened.
Delicious Loaves For A Fall Treat
I adore slicing a piece of this mini pumpkin bread in the morning, paired with a hot cup of coffee or my homemade pumpkin spice creamer. It’s also a perfect after-dinner dessert with a chai tea latte. Plus, it makes a wonderful gift for neighbors, church friends, or fellow homeschool co-op parents.
Pumpkin Bread Variations
One of the great things about pumpkin bread is there are lots of ways to adapt this pumpkin recipe and change it up. If you prefer pumpkin chocolate chip bread you can fold in 1 cup of chocolate chips to your batter before putting it into your mini-loaf pan.
For a more savory option try adding in pumpkin seeds either throughout the batter or just on top before baking.
You don’t have to make every single loaf the same. If you divide batter you can mix up the different variations you make.
Your Most Asked Questions
Why does my mini pumpkin bread crumble when I cut it?
If your mini pumpkin bread is dry or crumbly, it might have been overbaked. Try reducing the baking time – the loaf is done when the internal temperature reaches 200°F.
Should mini pumpkin bread be refrigerated?
No, there’s no need to refrigerate it. Once the mini pumpkin bread has cooled completely, wrap it securely in plastic and store it on the counter or in a bread box.
How do you know when mini pumpkin bread is done?
Insert a toothpick into the center, and if it comes out clean, the mini pumpkin bread is done. You can also check the internal temperature – when it reaches 200°F, it’s ready.
How long does homemade mini pumpkin bread last?
Properly stored, homemade mini pumpkin bread will last for up to 5 days at room temperature or 7 days in the fridge. Enjoy!
Can I make a full size loaf of this pumpkin bread?
- 1 can pumpkin puree
- 1 cup oil
- 4 eggs
- 3 cups white sugar
- 3 1/4 cups all purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp ground cloves
- 1 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 2 tsp salt
Preheat the oven to 350°
Begin by combing all of the dry ingredients into a large bowl.
Next, using the bowl for your stand mixer mix together the wet ingredients.
Use the flat beater attachment on your stand mixer to combine the wet ingredients until well incorporated. If you do not have a stand mixer you can achieve the same results using an electric mixer.
Once the wet ingredients are mixed together slowly begin to add in the dry ingredients. Take your time adding in the flour mixture so that everything mixes together well.
Pour batter into prepared mini loaf pans
Bake at 350° for 25-30 minutes
Be sure to use pumpkin puree and not pumpkin pie filling.
- 1 stick unsalted butter
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- Heat butter over medium high heat until melted
- Add brown sugar and milk, stir to combine
- Simmer for 1 minute and then remove from heat
- Let cool for 10 minutes
- Add vanilla extract and powdered sugar
- Whisk together until powdered sugar is completely combined into the glaze
- Pour over cooled pumpkin bread
- Allow to sit at room temperature until the glaze is cooled and hardened