My name is Felicia and I live in Austin, Texas where I’m a full-time homemaker, mother to two amazing children, a passionate homeschooling mom, and the proud parent of an autistic child. I am delighted to share my journey and expertise with you on all things related to homemaking.
I believe that you should always have ice cold sweet tea in the fridge, tacos can solve just about anything, and no matter the question MUSIC is always the answer.
Back when I was swimming in a sea of Barbie dolls my biggest dream was to grow up to be a wife and a mom. I thought then, and still do now, that it would be the greatest most spectacular job I could ever have.
Once my dreams became a reality I was met with the discovery that the rest of the world does not always see the job of homemaking as the paramount undertaking I know it to be. That is precisely when my heart was moved to build a community with my fellow homemakers.
As a homemaker, my days are filled with love, laughter, and the endless tasks that come with maintaining a warm and welcoming home. Through the highs and lows of homemaking, I’ve discovered that it’s not just a job, but a labor of love that requires dedication, creativity, and a willingness to learn and adapt.
My journey into motherhood has been a truly transformative experience. Raising two incredible children, each with their unique needs and personalities, has been both challenging and incredibly rewarding. My oldest child is on the autism spectrum, and navigating the world of autism has enriched my life in ways I never could have imagined. It has taught me patience, empathy, and the importance of advocating for those we love.
Being a homemaker with an autistic child means that I have had to grow and adapt my homemaking in ways beyond the conventional. I’ve learned how to manage my home under a unique set of circumstances where flexibility and adaptability is a must. In the process I have learned so much not just about my son and myself but about the world at large. I feel so blessed to have this eccentric and fun flavor of motherhood.
My blog is a reflection of my life’s work and the expertise I’ve gained along the way. Whether you’re looking for tips on maintaining a tidy home, creating delicious and budget-friendly meals, growing closer to Christ, or finding effective ways to manage your household finances, I’m here to provide you with practical advice and inspiration.
Here, you’ll discover:
- Homemaking Wisdom: From organization hacks to decluttering tips, I’ve got the insights to help you create a space that’s both functional and inviting.
- Cooking Adventures: With a family to feed, I’ve honed my skills in the kitchen and am eager to share my favorite recipes, meal planning strategies, and budget-friendly cooking ideas.
- Budgeting Savvy: Managing a household budget can be a daunting task, but I’ve learned the art of stretching every dollar. Let me guide you through budgeting techniques that work for busy moms like us.
- Biblical Thoughts: I am not a pastor but I do love Jesus and could not imagine my life without His wisdom. I love to share my beliefs, how we celebrate Christian holidays, and encouragement for Christian mothers.
- Autism Insights: As an autism mom, I understand the unique challenges and rewards of parenting an autistic child. I’ll share my personal experiences, tips, and ways to navigate some of hurdles you may face.
My goal is to empower you to create a home filled with love and laughter while effectively managing all the responsibilities that come with it. I believe that with the right strategies and a supportive community, we can thrive as homemakers and mothers.
Thank you for joining me on this journey. I look forward to sharing my experiences, knowledge, and insights with you, and I hope you’ll find inspiration and guidance to help you lead a fulfilling and balanced life as a homemaker and parent. Together, we can turn our houses into homes filled with warmth, joy, and purpose.
Feel free to reach out, share your thoughts, or ask questions. Let’s build a supportive community of homemakers, mothers, and learners right here on this blog.