I am having a love affair with my morning cup of coffee dressed up with my sweet homemade caramel coffee creamer. I have been making my own coffee creamer for quite some time. My first homemade creamer recipe is a scrumptious french vanilla that I’ve been making with my own homemade vanilla extract. As much as I adore that recipe I believe that this homemade caramel creamer may be my new favorite. I am so excited to share this perfect caramel coffee creamer with you.
This post may contain affiliate links, which means I make a small commission at no extra cost to you. See my full disclosure here.
How Do You Make Homemade Caramel Coffee Creamer?
This simple recipe only calls for 3 ingredients:
- Sweetened condensed milk
- Whole milk
- Caramel Extract
Other tools you need:
- A whisk
- Small saucepan
- Airtight container (I like to use these glass carafe pitchers that have a lid but you can use a mason jar or any other container you have on hand.)
Is It Healthier To Make Your Own Creamer?
Store-bought creamers are so easy to come by at your local grocery store so it almost begs the question as to why you should bother with homemade coffee creamer recipes. For me personally I find the homemade creamers to be an extra special treat for my hot morning coffee. I also love that homemade coffee creamer is fresher and healthier than the store-bought coffee creamers. When I make my own coffee creamer I have complete control over the ingredients and can avoid any artificial sweeteners or preservatives.
Making Your New Favorite Coffee Creamer
The first step towards sprucing up your cup of joe is to pour your sweetened condensed milk and whole milk into a small saucepan over medium-low heat. Using your whisk stir continuously to combine the two ingredients being cautious not to scald your milk. You want the creamer to be warmed through but do not bring it to a simmer or boil.
Next, add in your caramel extract. I had no trouble finding this ingredient at my local grocery store but you can also order it online if your grocery store does not carry this ingredient.
Now that everything is incorporated together transfer your homemade caramel coffee creamer into whatever airtight container you will be using to store it in. If you are using a glass container be sure to set a kitchen towel under your glass container before pouring in the hot liquid. This will prevent your glass jar from shattering at the temperature change.
Storing Your Homemade Caramel Coffee Creamer
Store your homemade creamer in an airtight container in your fridge. You creamer should last around 7-10 days but I can honestly say that ours is always used before I have had a chance to really test that out. Take note of the expiration date of your milk when you are making the creamer because that could have an effect as well.
Luckily, this creamer is so easy to make that even if you run out of it quickly you can make up another batch super fast. You do not have to drink your coffee black unless that’s just a thing you like to do.
- Homemade French Vanilla Coffee Creamer
- Starbucks Mocha Latte Copycat Recipe
- How To Clean A Coffee Maker Without Vinegar
- 1- 14 oz can of sweetened condensed milk
- 14 oz whole milk
- 1 1/2 tbsp caramel extract
- In a small saucepan over medium-low heat whisk together the sweetened condensed milk and whole milk until combined
- Turn off the heat and add the caramel extract stirring well
- Transfer the caramel coffee creamer to an airtight container to keep in the fridge for 7-10 days
- You do not want to let the creamer simmer or boil on the stove. Whisk continuously to avoid scalding the milk and only heat enough so that everything combines well and is warmed through.
- Add a pinch of salt to your cup of coffee with the caramel coffee creamer for a delicious salted caramel flavor or skip the salt for a plain caramel coffee. Both ways are delicious!