Teaching the true meaning of Easter Sunday to our kids is much for important than finding the perfect outfit, putting together easter baskets or decorating easter eggs.
These Easter Bible verses are wonderful ways for a Christian mother to teach the story of Jesus and God’s word.
Be sure to download the free scripture cards at the end of this post to help you and your little ones turn these popular Bible verses into memory verses that live in your heart and mind.
Short Bible Verses For Kids
Let’s start with some shorter Easter verses that will be easier for our youngest disciples to learn and memorize.
- “Mary Magdalene went to the disciples with the news: “I have seen the Lord!”” John 20:18a
- “On the third day he will be raised to life!” Matthew 20:19b
- “He is not here; he has risen!” Luke 24:6a
- “Jesus said to her, “I am the resurrection and the life. The one who believes in me will live, even though they die”” John 11:25
- “It is true! The Lord has risen!” Luke 24:34
- “By his power God raised the Lord from the dead, and he will raise us also.” 1 Corinthians 6:14
- “Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, the new creation has come: The old has gone, the new is here!” 2 Corinthians 5:17
Download free ebook on prayer!
Easter Bible Verses For Kids: The Story Of Easter
Whether you are looking to share the story of Easter with a Sunday school class or wanting to read it to your own children the following verses will be helpful. Telling kids about Jesus’ resurrection, the foundation of our faith, is not something to be taken lightly.
Fear not mama! God’s word will guide you.
- “For what I received I passed on to you as of first importance that Christ died for our sins according to the Scriptures, that he was buried, that he was raised on the third day according to the Scriptures, and that he appeared to Cephas, and then to the Twelve. After that, he appeared to more than five hundred of the brothers and sisters at the same time, most of whom are still living, though some have fallen asleep. Then he appeared to James, then to all the apostles, and last of all he appeared to me also, as to one abnormally born.” 1 Corinthians 15:3-8
- “Jesus called out with a loud voice, “Father, into your hands I commit my spirit.” When he had said this, he breathed his last. The centurion, seeing what had happened, praised God and said, “Surely this was a righteous man.”” Luke 23:46-47
- “As they entered the tomb, they saw a young man dressed in a white robe sitting on the right side, and they were alarmed. “Don’t be alarmed,” he said. “You are looking for Jesus the Nazarene, who was crucified. He has risen! He is not here. See the place where they laid him. But go, tell his disciples and Peter, ‘He is going ahead of you into Galilee. There you will see him, just as he told you.’” Mark 16:5-7
- “So Joseph bought some linen cloth, took down the body, wrapped it in the linen, and placed it in a tomb cut out of rock. Then he rolled a stone against the entrance of the tomb. Mary Magdalene and Mary the mother of Joseph saw where he was laid.” Mark 15:46-47
- “Jesus said, “Do not hold on to me, for I have not yet ascended to the Father. Go instead to my brothers and tell them, ‘I am ascending to my Father and your Father, to my God and your God.’” Mary Magdalene went to the disciples with the news: “I have seen the Lord!” And she told them that he had said these things to her.” John 20:17-18
- “ For if we have been united with him in a death like his, we will certainly also be united with him in a resurrection like his. For we know that our old self was crucified with him so that the body ruled by sin might be done away with, that we should no longer be slaves to sin—” Romans 6:5-6
The Good News & The Easter Story With Kids
At the bottom of this post I have shared some Easter cards that are available to you as a free download. Use these cards to share the good news of Christ Jesus with your kids. You can use the scripture cards to help you memorize verses or if you print two copies you can use them to play a memory matching game.
Any fun ways that you can share about the Easter season and the gift of eternal life is a win. The resurrection of the Lord Jesus is a serious matter but how your kids learn about Palm Sunday, the crown of thorns, the empty tomb, and the forgiveness of sins does not have to be all studious and proper.
Find ways to have fun, be silly, and enjoy learning the story together. Use this list of 50 Christian Easter Songs to have a dance party! Make it memorable for your little ones and don’t be afraid to let yourself have some fun too.
More Easter Bible Verses For Kids
- “For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life.” John 3:16
- “If you declare with your mouth, ‘Jesus is Lord’, and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved.” Romans 10:9
- “Jesus said unto her, I am the resurrection, and the life: he that believe in me, though he were dead, yet shall he live.” John 11:25
- “Don’t be afraid! I am the First and Last. I am the living one. I died, but look- I am alive forever and ever!” Revelation 1:17b-18a
- “Jesus answered, ‘I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes the Father except through me.'” John 14:6
- “For we believe that Jesus died and rose again, and so we believe that God will bring with Jesus those who have fallen asleep in him.” Thessalonians 4:14
Easter Bible Quotes For Holy Week
There are so many great Bible verses to use when looking for Easter Bible verses for kids. I will share just a few more here.
- “You killed the author of life, but God raised him from the dead. We are witnesses of this.” Acts 3:15
- “Let this Messiah, this king of Israel, come down now from the cross, that we may see and believe. Those crucified with him also heaped insults on him.” Mark 15:32
- “He exerted when he raised Christ from the dead and seated him at his right hand in the heavenly realms” Ephesians 1:20
- “Praise be to the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ! In his great mercy he has given us new birth into a living hope through the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead.” 1 Peter 1:3
- “And being found in appearance as a man, he humbled himself by becoming obedient to death- even death on a cross!” Philippians 2:8
These are great, Felicia! I can’t wait to use them with my kiddos!
I love this! Thank you for sharing!!